Keeping a carpet clean and beautiful is more challenging than many people realize. There are many kinds of carpet cleaning problems which can happen on your carpet on a daily basis. From stains, marks, and spills, the homeowner is definitely going to have a hard time in keeping the carpet spic n’ span.
One of the tougher carpet cleaning problems that a homeowner can deal with is cleaning fountain pen ink which has spilled all over the carpet. This is tough because it can create a very ugly stain which can really affect the carpet’s appearance. It is also very difficult to remove since it can get deep into the carpet fibers and become very stubborn to get rid of.
But cleaning up this kind of mess is thankfully not an impossibility. If you want to learn how to get rid of this carpet cleaning problem, just follow the guide below.
• Remove as much of the fountain pen ink on the carpet by using some paper towels and blotting the spill. Never rub the spilled area as you will just be making things worse. Only blot the stains carefully to avoid complications.
• Next, pour some isopropyl alcohol an a cotton ball or a cloth. Then, use the cotton ball or cloth to once again blot the affected area. This aids in breaking down the ink stain and making it easier to remove using the succeeding steps. Continue blotting until there is no more ink transferring onto the cloth.
• Afterwards, you need to make a cleaning solution which will help remove the stain. For this, you just need to mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a ¾ liter of water. Just make sure to use the non-bleach laundry detergent as bleach can end up damaging your carpet instead of cleaning it.
• Once you have prepared the cleaning solution, apply it onto the stained area of the carpet and then get a clean white cloth to blot the stain once again. This will help remove the stain from the carpet and onto the cloth’s surface. Repeat this step until the entire stain is gone.
• Lastly, rinse the area you just cleaned with some water and then dry it up using a wet/dry vac.
You see, ink from your fountain pen spilled on the carpet doesn’t have to be a nightmare for carpet owners. Just use the simple guide above and soon you’ll get rid of the ink stain easily.