Young and old people alike love to gulp down a big, cold glass of chocolate milk shake. It is really refreshing and delicious which is why many people love to consume it as often as they can. Who wouldn’t want to get some cold chocolate goodness in a glass?
While chocolate milk shakes are really popular with kids and young teenagers, it can be very unpopular with homeowners in certain situations such as when it gets spilled all over their beautiful carpet at home.
Chocolate milk shake spills are no joke as it can result in a really difficult cleaning problem for any homeowner. It can give rise to a really stubborn stain that will cause some carpet owners to pull their hair out in frustration. If you are experiencing this very predicament in your home, here are some quick tips to help you solve it with ease.
1. Remove as much of the spilled chocolate milk shake on the carpet as you can. You can do this in a number of ways but I have found that it is best if you use a clean white cloth or sponge and you dab the affected area with it. This will help clear out the carpet so that you can properly address the ugly stain that is left behind.
2. The next thing that you would need to accomplish is to add a few drops of water onto the chocolate milk shake stain on your carpet. Then, use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the area until the carpet fibers become dry. This will help remove some of the stain but you may still need to follow the succeeding steps to really get rid of it completely.
3. Take some of the cleaning solution or stain removal product that you usually use at home and apply it onto the carpet where the stain is. Allow a few minutes for the solution to work and then that’s the time you come in with your clean white cloth and blot the area repeatedly. It is vital that you blot carefully and slowly since you don’t want to accidentally spread the stain all over your carpet.
4. Continue doing the previous step until all of the stain is removed. Sometimes it only takes a few tries before you are successful in getting your carpet back to normal. There are also times wherein you would need to repeat the steps again and again. It’s important that you stay patient and keep at it until you get the results that you are looking for.
5. Rinse the carpet with a glass of clean water and then use a wet/dry vac to dry the area. This last step is necessary to remove any residue and keep it from building up on the carpet over time.